Studies and journal articles:
- M. van Eechoud, Linkbelasting en uploadfilters: Europees auteursrecht gaat op de schop, Interview at Tweakers.net, 8 September 2018;
- L. Bently, M. Kretschmer, Strengthening the Position of Press Publishers and Authors and Performers in the Copyright Directive, September 2017: PE 596.810;
- M. van Eechoud, A publisher’s intellectual property right: Implications for freedom of expression, authors and open content policies (January 2017);
- R. Danbury, Is an EU publishers’ right a good idea? Final report on the AHRC project: Evaluating potential legal responses to threats to the production of news in a digital era;
- A. Peukert, An EU Related Right for Press Publishers Concerning Digital Uses. A Legal Analysis, Research Paper of the Faculty of Law, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main No. 22/2016;
- R. Matulionyte, The proposed press publishers’ right: 5 historical lessons to learn, Kluwer Copyright Blog, 19 April 2018.
- R. Xalabarder, CREATe Public Lecture: Press publisher rights in the proposed Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market, (also E.I.P.R. 2017 39(10) pp.607-622).
Statements and opinions:
- Statement by EPIP Academics to Members of the European Parliament in advance of the Plenary Vote on the Copyright Directive on 12 September 2018: Vote for a balanced European copyright law;
- L. Bently et al, Letter from 37 Professors to the United Kingdom’s IPO;
- CEIPI: Christophe Geiger, Oleksandr Bulayenko and Giancarlo Frosio, Opinion of the CEIPI on the European Commission’s copyright reform proposal, with a focus on the introduction of neighbouring rights for press publishers in EU law;
- European Copyright Society, Answer to the EC Consultation on the role of publishers in the copyright value chain, 15 June 2016;
- IViR-CEIPI Conference, Copyright, related rights and the news in the EU: Assessing potential new laws, (April 2016);
- The Max Planck Institute. Reto M. Hilty, Kaya Köklü, Valentina Moscon, Position Statement of the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition on the “Public consultation on the role of publishers in the copyright value chain”;
- Copyright controversy: EU parliament seeks end to ‘Digital Wild West’, France 24 “People and Power”, 28 March, João Pedro Quintais;